Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

July 1st, 2017

For this year for First of July, our family went down to my (Ryan's) Mom and Dad's place on the evening of Thursday, June 29. We arrived there and Sharla and Wally were there already. Later that night Wayne and his family showed up, too.

The next day, Friday, June 30, we went to the pancake breakfast in the morning. Then we went into Lethbridge to get food for the next day's barbeque. I wanted to make an outing of it, so I encouraged Wayne and Wally to come so that us three could ride the motorcycles. Wayne rode my Road Star, and Wally rode Dad's Valkyrie, while I rode Dad's Boulevard. Amanda came along with the kids in the truck, and Sharla rode on the back with Wally. On the way back from Lethbridge, I switched bikes with Sharla and Wally.

Jayna and Dave's family arrived on this day, too.

On Saturday, July 1, Deryk and Karyn's families arrived in time for the parade. Later we had the barbeque at my parents' house and had the usual good experience with good food, good weather, good company, and the kids having a blast.

On Sunday, July 2, we all went to Waterton. I really didn't want to go, but many other people in the family were, admission was free this year (because of Canada's 150th year), and I thought it would be nice to get a motorcycle ride out of it. So I took my bike while Megan, Deryk's wife, rode with Amanda and the kids.

First we went up to Cameron Lake and rented some paddle boats for the kids. (I stayed behind on the beach and watched little Katie.) Then we went down to the townsite to get something to eat. We eventually settle on a pizza place. After that we left for home. It was so warm that I didn't even wear my jacket the whole way home from Waterton to Raymond.

After we had arrived home, Wayne and Wally set to work helping my Dad remove the cruise control from his motorbike and hook up his GPS. Their work spilled over into the next day a little bit, but they were successful and did a good job. I watched them for quite a while to learn a few things.

On Monday, July 3, we packed up our tent and our things and headed for home.

This was the first First of July where we had the three little girls (our Katie, Wayne's Maggie, and Karyn's Diana) all together. They were all just little one year-old babies this year, but it was easy to see how they will become great friends when they're older.

No comments:

Post a Comment